Sunday, June 5, 2011

Just Like Magic

Magic has been kind to me for many years. The most important way is how I have learned to look deeper into myself, to throw back the veils and come to understand this spiritual being called "me". Even as the world around me seems to be losing purpose and beauty, magic always brings me back to perceive both in any situation.

I believe a great part of what made 2006 a banner year for me is magic and living witchcraft. Certainly what most people consider to have been my greatest achievement--the publication of my first book, a handbook for tea leaf reading--was a magically driven success. But to me, that wasn't the greatest achievement. It's all the smaller achievements that have enabled me to live a good life that I treasure.

Once upon a time, I was deathly afraid of talking on the telephone. In 2006, I was a call-in guest to the Martha Stewart Show--talking on the telephone in front of the entire country. There's a huge step forward. I used to have a terrible temper. In 2006, I reached a point where I simply no longer felt such destructive anger. In my work I had many creative projects that had stalled at the beginning. In 2006, I learned how to overcome the roadblocks my own mind threw in my way, and while it's a continuing process, I'm making great progress. In 2006, I continued on a path of compassion, unconditional love, and growing trust. The path ahead looks inviting.

In 2007, I will continue the walk I have begun in the confidence of my belief. I will look within for my personal "demons" and attempt to subdue them one by one. There are many more books to be written. But perhaps most important to me is the idea of using my magic-suffused ability to remedy problems in the mundane world. I do this because I love my fellow humans, my fellow lifeforms, and my planet. We need a significant change, and I want to be a part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment